You’ll be working in a highly motivated team , controlling end-to-end product development. We work in an environment where slight oversights can be extremely costly, while new features can be extremely profitable. As a team we aim to balance the race to production with software quality and testability. You’ll be placed in an environment consisting primarily of C++ and Java. We have a build chain which has been designed around the concept of daily production releases . A variety of systems and technologies keeps life interesting.
Upon joining you will be expected to manage your own time and tasks. We rely on our developers to drive change by taking feedback from traders, and shaping that into an implementation. Your ownership of the task continues until a working production release . Our most successful developers comfortably work in any part of our stack.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Very strong C/C++ programming skills
- Object-oriented design and programming principles
- Ability to programme in a multi-threaded environment
- Working knowledge of the Standard Template Library (STL), multi threading, TCP/IP and Linux is essential
- SQL Database experience
- Full life cycle from discovery to live with Agile
- Ability to produce tight, lean code that is easy to maintain
- Ability to balance quality against tight release schedules
- Ability to cultivate and maintain close working relationships with team colleagues as well as QA, Technical
- Excellent communication skills, at peer and Director level
- Ability to work on own initiative, without supervision and be a team player
- Support and Marketing teams
- Flexibility and willingness to put in extra time and work when required
- Ability to think laterally regarding new features and how they are best implemented
- High degree of accuracy and ability to take responsibility for own output in ensuring output is of the highest standard and works first time, every time.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with software development using Java, RESTful services
You likely have a Degree in computer science or a related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Inclusion & Diversity
Our Inclusion & Diversity strategy aims to break down all barriers and eliminate prejudice. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs and expectations, helping all individuals to make the most of their professional potential.
We honour our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.
For information on our Privacy Protection Safeguards art.13 L.679/2016 (GDPR) go to https://nobelcaptain.com/privacy-policy/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary based on experience: €43,000.00 to €60,000.00 /year